Okay, are you in Kansas now Chris? I blogged a few weeks ago about tornados. Now for the third time in about a month Gillette has been striken with twisters.
About 25 minutes ago I watched one touch down southwest of town from my office window. That is the first time I have seen one.
Sounds like there are multiple tornados in the area. One was in a subdivision close to my house so what do I do? Run home...hahahaha. Went through nickel size hail and moronic drivers to get here. Everything appears to be okie dokie.
However had a few fire trucks from the rural fire station out here going west of town so I'm hoping that one of those tornados didn't take anything out. What a crazy spring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh, Chris...tornados are just a fleeting item...guess living in Texas all this time has left me with the sense they are not that big of a deal, just be careful, don't do anything stupid and keep yourself safe...they blow over pretty quick. =)
JJ
guess that's the blessing of living on the high, high plains -- we get relatively few, if any, tornadoes. Even twisters can't get enough air in Laramie ... :0)
Congrats, you are now in the Tornado Chasers Club!! Actually, you really should take cover. I have been through several and they can surprise you. Most people think that they can watch one and be fine but a twister can change it's path, it can get sucked back into the sky and come out in a different spot, debris from one can be flying several hundred feet around one or be thrown so high in the sky that it doesn't come down until the twisted has passed by. So, now that I have done my duty as a responsible parent - wasn't it cool to see one!
Post a Comment