Monday, February 18, 2008

CADCA Conference

So I was in D.C. for the CADCA (Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America) Leadership Forum.

Photobucket

The keynote speaker was Dr. Drew Pinski. Pardon the graininess, the zoom feature on my old digital camera sucks. Most of us know him as a sex expert. He used to be on MTV hosting Loveline with Adam Carolla. He is also an addiction specialist and developed a show on VH-1, called Celebrity Rehab.

It was a pretty big deal, the Surgeon General, a Bush cabinet member, some U.S. Representatives, and other VIPs were there.

Overall, it was a pretty good experience. I am a little more energized and came back with some good ideas of things I can do with the coalition. The only bad thing? When you serve crossaints with eggs and cheese for breakfast, it should be mandatory that some form of MEAT is also served on it. Bastards.

No comments: