We did make it to the capitol...obviously. We did not get inside. You should have seen the security all over town.....oh my god. We even had to go through metal detectors at the museums.
We saw the White House, Lincoln Memorial, and Jefferson Memorial from afar. We got to see Washington Monument and the World War II Memorial up close. I quickly went through the Air & Space Museum at the Smithsonian and the Holocaust Museum which was amazing.
I wanted to go to a museum by Dulles Airport, but that was 30 miles northwest of D.C. and there was no public transporation out there. It would have been a VERY expensive cab ride. That museum has the Enola Gay and a retired space shuttle. I guess I will have an excuse to go back! : )

1 comment:
I'm jealous ... and while you were in D.C., there was a Globetrekker episode about D.C. ... I was (am) thoroughly jealous.
Post a Comment