Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Natives are Restless

Well, I attempted to get a lot of home visits done at work tonight. Think I had much luck? Nope!

Maybe it is the heat or the aftermath of Friday the 13th, but everyone has decided to mess up. I spent more time in the bathroom (insert your own joke here) at the office tonight than I did in people's houses.

Lastnight I get a call and this kid who was just placed on probation a few weeks ago went down to Douglas and got pulled over in a car with some potsmokers. The helpful probation officers down in Douglas sprung into action and took care of this guy for me. He admitted to smoking pot and I met with him tonight to get a drug test that was of course positive. His comment? "I would have never gone with them if I knew they had so much pot!" Ummmm....so you would have if they only had a little pot? Uh huh.

So I go do some home visits and someone gives me a positive breath test of .03 (illegal to drive at .08 or above). So he admits to drinking while fishing lastnight. I ask him when he last had a drink and he said about 24 hours ago. Uh huh.

So after being tied up on that forever I go and do a few more home visits and walla! I catch another person drinking. She blows a .069 and admits to drinking a few beers within the past hour or so.

Dang people. Is drinking worth risking having your probation revoked and going to prison?

Just say no....

1 comment:

Mysti said...

It must be the heat or something. Whip them back into shape before your get away to relish in your old college days in Laramie. I'm sure when you return; you'll have even more messes to clean up, unfortunately.