Wow, my homeowners association is stupid. So on Monday, an initial test indicated that
my neighborhood's water supply might be contaminated with E. coli bacteria. A test on Wednesday confirmed it. (see newspaper article below)
http://www.gillettenewsrecord.com/articles/2007/08/02/news/news01.txt
I just learned about this earier today at the courthouse while overhearing an attorney who lives in my neighborhood. He received phonecalls lastnight and this morning telling him not to drink the water. I never received such a call.
In addition signs were supposedly posted at our mailboxes. There are two of them in the neighborhood. I checked my mail this morning and saw no such sign.
So....this was a late and half-hearted attempt at warning residents of the problem. I wonder how many people are going to be sick as a result of this. I have not been sick yet thank god. I typically drink bottled water anyway. But I have been brushing my teeth and washed dishes in this crap.
Great job homeowners association! I give you an "F" for effort!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Seriously, Mr. Letter-Writer: you should write a letter. To the newspaper. Or at least post it on their online "guest book."
It is tempting. Except for the fact
the president of the homeowner's association is a cop that I am friends with. Might not want to publicly tear him to shreds...LOL.
Maybe ... :0)
Post a Comment