SheridanMedia.com is now reporting the fire has grown to 4,200 acres in size. The commanders on the scene are having a hard time getting resources to fight the fire because they are all tied up at some large fires in Montana. The requested planes to drop fire retardant and only got one!
As you can see in this photo from today, the smoke all sank down and there are no visible plumes of smoke. The National Weather Service has issues a special weather statement for northeast Wyoming and parts of the Black Hills. We are getting all the smoke from these fires to the west and north and breathing outside could be a little difficult for some today.
I'll be in Cheyenne later today and tomorrow so I can attend my Governor's Advisory Board on Subtance Abuse & Violent Crime meeting. I'll have my laptop from work and will be online tonight.

3 comments:
We have the same smoke settling in here in Rapid. It's nasty, hope they get the help they need to get it contained.
hmmm ... I hope they get this under control!! Scary, considering how dry you guys have been up there!!
Reminds me of when Yellowstone was on fire along with every where else in Wyoming!
Is the moon blood red due to the smoke?
Post a Comment