This is a hot topic right now because of the Virginia Tech shooting. The shooter had a .9 mm handgun and a .22 handgun. Both were semi-automatics which were legally purchased.
So now there is an outcry by anti-gun advocated for tougher laws and rules. Well, there is a major problem with new laws. You are assuming that the type of people who go around randomly shooting others would follow laws. Wrong.
Criminals do not follow laws, hence the term "criminal". If they want a gun, they will get one. If they want to conceal one, they will. The only person tougher restrictions would hurt are the law abiding citizens who are responsible gun owners.
Think about this. What if more people carried firearms? What if guns were allowed on the Virginia Tech campus. What if a law-abiding gun owning student could have been carrying a weapon on him and shot the crazy shooter and thus possibly save several lives? Something to think about!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I totally agree on the gun control issue, a quote I love is "locks only keep out honest people", which in a way is the same concept here. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. HOWEVER, I don't know that I agree with the fact that one of the students could have shot the guy, how does that work with murder charges then? Would hate to see someone go to prison for murder for saving lives either. Just a thought.
I understand the concern, but if someone would have shot and stopped the shooter they would be a hero, not a murder.
If you shoot and even kill someone who is actively trying to kill a
person(s), you are acting in self-defense and saving lives. No prosecutor in their right mind would ever charge someone with murder in such a case.
Post a Comment