So I get to Wright and the deputy must be bored out of his mind. He decided I need to ride with him in his new Dodge Charger. So we take some detours before and after my home visit. Beforehand, he is telling me how fast it can go...somewhere around 150 mph if I remember correctly. So we go down this straight away on a highway. He only got it up to 100 mph. Handles nice.
Then he takes me to the hillbilly village for lack of a better term. It is somewhat of a man camp. There is a lack of housing everywhere. There is this RV park where everyone there is essentially from out of state. They all came to Campbell County for work in their campers and such. They were described as being as dumb as hillbillies. Unfortunately, in speaking to a few of them I saw nothing to challenge the perception.
Two trashy girls walked down the street passed us and it was pointed out to me that they are 13 and 14 year old girls who have been having sex with all of the single hillbillies. Nice.
That is my story. There is no big dramatic ending or no punch line. Just an interesting evening in Wright, Wyoming which reminded me why I go there as little as possible.

No comments:
Post a Comment